YOU CAN ALSO BOOK YOUR GANGASAGAR YATRA PLAN WITH GangaSagar TOURISIM 8145302135
I will go straight into the answer because I saw no correct route is mentioned on the internet. There are many parallel ways through which you can reach Ganga Sagar. The main thing is that you have to reach as early as possible to Kolkata. We arrived at 4 am, the best time to start the journey. KNOW FROM GangaSagar TOURISM
The place to visit: The Sagar Beach, Kamil Muni Temple, The Sagar Lighthouse, Bharat Seva Ashram, Onkarnath Temple. As all the places are in a 500m radius. Just reach the temple then walk to each.
I can give you Short and Long Advice.
Short Advice: Reach any of the ports, either Kakdwip (By Taxi) or Namkhana (Train: Namkhana Local, Bus from Esplanade, or Taxi). Reach any port before 9 AM, it takes 3 to 4Hr from Kolkata. Take the ferry from there. After reaching Island take a Taxi or Tempo or Bus to Temple. Temple is on the seashore. Take any transport mode back to any port. From there to any mainland port.
Long Advice: For this, I have divided the trip into parts, so it will be easy to understand.
Part A: Reach Kolkata by any means of travel.
Part B: Kolkata to Nearest Main Land Port.
- Route B1 (Kolkata to Kakdwip): From any point in Kolkata take a TAXI to Kakdwip (100KM->4Hr). The taxi will charge 2300rs for Sedan and 3000 for 7-9 seater. If you want AC then they will add 1500-2000 extra. But I suggest you go by a simple taxi. Duration= 4Hr.
- Route B2 (Kolkata to Namkhana): From Sealdah station take NAMKHANA LOCAL which is the cheapest way to reach Namkhana. Duration= 3Hr, Cost= 50 Rs.
- Route B3 (Kolkata to Namkhana): From Esplanade Bus Stand take any Govt. or Direct bus to Namkhana. Duration= 3Hr, Cost= 150 Rs.
Part C: Main Land Port to Ganga Sagar Island Port.
- Route C1 (Kakdwip to Kachuberia Ghat): If you reached Kakdwip then go to LOT NO8 at a walking distance from where your driver will drop you, which is the point for the ferry by Govt. This ferry takes 500-800 people at a time. The ferry starts from there at 8:30 and then there is a ferry every 1 hour till 1 PM then one at 8 PM. Duration= 30min, Cost= 08 Rs.
- Route C2 (Namkhana to Mayagoaliner Ghat): If you reached Namkhana Station or Bus Stand then go to Namkhana Ferry Ghat (Bakkhali Bank). From there you can ask anyone which ferry to board for Ganga Sagar. Make sure you board the right ferry. Duration= 1Hr, Cost= 25 Rs.
Part D: Ganga Sagar Island Port to Temple.
- Route D1 (Kachuberia Ghat to Temple): The port is well connected to other areas of the island. The distance is 30Km, so it’s on you either take a Taxi for 1500 Rs for a round trip from the temple or Tempo for 700 Rs for a round trip or take Bus for 25 Rs. Note: The last boat from here to the mainland is 1:30 PM so if you want a round trip then make it fast. I suggest you take a round trip and ask them to drop you on Mayagoaliner Ghat. Duration= 1Hr, Cost= Taxi for 1500 Rs, Tempo for 700 Rs, Bus for 25 Rs.
- Route D2 (Mayagoaliner Ghat to Temple): The port is not-well connected to other areas of the island. Take Tempo to the temple for 500rs for a round trip. The last boat from this Ghat to the mainland is at 3:30 PM. Duration= 30Hr, Cost= Variable Rs.
Part E: Temple to Any Port on Island.
- Route E1 (Temple to Kachuberia Ghat): If you have not opted for a Round trip then you can go by bus or Taxi or Tempo to Kachuberia Ghat. The distance is 30Km. Duration= 1Hr, Cost= Taxi for 600 Rs, Tempo for 400 Rs, and Bus for 25 Rs NOTE: FERRY FROM THIS PORT TO MAINLAND IS AT 1:30 PM, 9 PM.
- Route E2 (Temple to Mayagoaliner Ghat): If you have not opted for a Round trip then you can go by Taxi or Tempo to Mayagoaliner Ghat. Duration= 30min, Cost= Taxi for 400 Rs, Tempo for 300 Rs.
Part F: Ganga Sagar Island Port to Main Land Port.
- Route F1 (Kachuberia Ghat to Kakdwip): Take the ferry from here to a mainland port. NOTE: FIRST FERRY IS AT 9:30 AM THAN TILL 1:30 PM HOURLY SERVICE IS THERE THEN ONE AT 9 PM. Duration= 30min, Cost= 08 Rs.
- Route F2 (Mayagoaliner Ghat to Namkhana): Take Ferry from there to Namkhana. It runs hourly from 8:30 AM to 3:30. Make sure to reach before time as the ferry departs after 100 people boards it even before time. Duration= 1Hr, Cost= 25 Rs.
Part G: Main Land Port to Kolkata
- Route G1 (Kakdwip to Kolkata): If you have taken a Taxi than it will drop you to Kolkata.
- Route G2 (Namkhana to Kolkata): If you have taken a Taxi than it will drop you to Kolkata. Otherwise, you can go by Bus from the same Bus-Stand to Esplanade Kolkata. If you want to go by train check the schedule of Namkhana Local Train.
SEND YOUR QUERY:
Not found what you are looking at? Write to us and we will get back to you soon